Umar treated us to lunch at an Arabic restaurant where I happened to bump into the guy whom F likes.
The devil inside me prompted me to send her provocative texts. >:D
Me: Umar bwk kitorg pegi mkn kat kedai arab then ada S. Dia nampak Nisah, dia angkat tgn dia n intai2 Nisah dtg ngan sape. I am liking S, again. :3
F: Nisah busuk.
Me: <3
F: I don't like u..tanak kawan
Me: I like myself. and S. :P
F: Tanak kawan.nt dia suke nisah.dahla nisah lg comei dr F :(
Me: It's not like I can choose who to like and who's not. It's what my heart dictates. and it just happens. :P
F: i hate u
Me: It doesn't matter. :P
She is too cute and it's a waste to not messing up with her.
Poor girl. I shall repent and admit to her tomorrow. haha Or perhaps later on :P.
Hey girl, knowing me..you should know that he's not the kind of guy I always find myself get attracted to. ;)
And honestly, I think it's good for you for having those kind of feelings. Without that どきどき feelings, my current life is too dull.
++++
Anyway this morning I attended a public lecture at Plenary Theatre, KLCC with DJ, Lian Chee and my two fellow Nigerian lab mates, Umar and Mariamu.
"Can Hybrid Rice Avert Food Crisis?" by Professor Yuan LongPing, the winner of 2011 Mahathir Science Award. Prior to that was a talk on "Predicting Winners" by Dr. Woei Fuh Wong.
Very insightful. :)
Science is a fashion. It evolves.




4 comments:
Thats cute. You had me laughing off my chair. I expect no less of a witty remark ;) Could it be intuition or was F having a lamb steak when you texted her? And a glass of iced barli to down the peppered sauce?
Yeah, its these games that add spice to life when the daily routine gets mundane. And I say lets keep it going. You're posting more often and seems energized by the exchanges while F maintains her elegance silence.
It is through science that fashion evolves yet in times such as ours where the playbook is characterized by exponentials, a revolution is more apt. Evolution takes in too much time.
Take the talk on food crisis. Why food crisis in the first place? Are we not producing enough? And if not then why? Could it be that growth is now characterized by exponentials? Malthus
must have been a truly visionary for he has foreseen this decades ago. For him, this branch of science is earmarked as dismal.
On another note, for fashion to evolve/revolutionize, it must have indeed learned from an awesome guru :)
Nites everyone.
Hey hey..F in this post is not who you think she is. :D
About the food crisis, I don't think it is because we are not producing enough. Okay, perhaps it is. But we actually can produce enough food to support the population growth. Prof. Yuan whose innovation promises to end the world hunger, is pioneering in hybrid rice, which is genetically modified, making use of better traits of different paddy species to produce rice with higher resistance towards environmental stress ( during drought, flood etc..). This hybrid seeds produce much much higher yield of rice compared to the inbred ones, thus should be able to somewhat lessen the food crisis. However, farmers are getting the hybrid seeds from the seed producers at much higher price (compare to the inbred ones, of course). Profit and cost wise? Things are not favorable for the farmers, unfortunately. It is quite sad concerning that they are the ones planting and harvesting them on the fields. Then, there are issues like subsidy, rice distributors and the industry policy itself. Ah, I am not into economics, so I can't really comment on that since my understanding on economic stuff is almost 0 (makes sense since Economy and Politics are on par with Statistics when it comes to the list of my hated subjects, haha ) :P
I like how you view things. Perhaps you can give a talk as well? I might be attending. :P
Good night, F (the guy).
Well, when you boil economics down its all about supply and demand. Understand this concept and you understand economics. All the other "perceived" complex stuff is just a derivation of supply & demand + common sense.
I initially had no idea about this subject until I "unintentionally" majored in it. About four years later I found myself walking down some isle with among others a scroll to the subject.See, its the "unintentional" part that makes life more interesting. If you follow the script all the time, then there's no variation. Sometimes it pays to take some risk and waver from the accustomed path. Now I'm beginning to wonder how did I stumble upon the Lollies, Ms Tara (any breaking news regarding her?), you, etc. I would put people to sleep with my talks. Maybe you'd rather see a concert or art performance ;)
What do you mean by unintentionally majored in it? So Economics was not your own choice back then?
The current brought you here, remember? ;)
p/s I am very sleepy now. haha ><
Post a Comment